Central Lutheran Church offers many opportunities to learn more about the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Sunday School (9:00am-10:00/10:15am)
Sunday school is available for all ages 2.5 year old to 100!
• Pre-school class is available for little ones 2.5 years or older, preferably potty trained.
• The Kindergarten through sixth grade students meet each Sunday (except the summer months) in a combined-age class full of Bible-based lessons, music, crafts, service projects, and fellowship.
• 7th-8th graders meet each week for Confirmation Class (a 2-year program)
• Grades 9 through 12 meet in the youth room for a class with a main focus for support and guidance in living a Christian life in the midst of the challenges our youth face these days.
• An adult Bible study class meets in the Parish Hall. (9am-10am)
• The Parenting Class uses a variety of Bible studies as they share the challenges and joys of Christian parenting; parents with children of all ages are welcome.
Tuesday Morning Bible Study
A group of ladies meets at the church at 10 a.m. each Tuesday morning to study God’s Word. Leadership of the sessions is rotated among several members of the group. The group studies specific books of the Bible as well as the Biblical perspective on topics of interest to them.
The Confirmation Program is the in-depth study of Scripture and the Lutheran Confessions and the Sacraments for maturing youth. The two-year program starts in the seventh grade year, with the day of Confirmation coming in the fall after the second year.
First Communion Instruction
First Communion Instruction is offered to children 10 years of age or older. This short-term class is taught by the Pastor once a year in the Spring.
The library contains a collection of books and other resources to assist with growth in Christian faith and congregational life. There are a variety of Bibles, commentaries, study helps, and general fiction and non-fiction works, including children’s books for all ages. A growing video library, particularly for children, and audio cassettes of Holy Scripture and various lectures and topics are all available to be checked out.
The library operates under a self-checkout policy. After items are selected, the check-out card in the front pocket may be signed, dated, and placed in the checkout file in the library.
Elizabeth Circle meets at the church the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 9:30 a.m. for refreshments, business meeting, and Bible study which is led by a circle member. A nursery is provided. Elizabeth Circle provides the baptismal banners.
Lydia Circle meets the 3rd Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Conference room for refreshments, business meeting, and Bible study which is led by a circle member. Lydia has annual fundraisers to benefit various church programs and scholarships to benefit Central’s graduating high school seniors. The circle has several social gatherings, such as girls’ night out, couples’ night out, or other activities with the entire circle members and their families.